Texas DMV renewal services

Visit your local AAA branch for Texas DMV renewal services

woman in a red vehicle
AAA can help with vehicle registration renewals

Save time by taking care of vehicle registration renewal at select AAA branches instead of going to the DMV.1 You don't need to make an appointment, and Saturday hours are available.


Need a license to hunt or fish? You can also purchase Texas hunting and fishing licenses at AAA branches.



Select AAA branches offer vehicle registration renewal for:

car icon


RV icon
Recreational vehicles


Texas AAA branches that offer vehicle registration renewal


What you’ll need to bring to renew your vehicle registration


Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday–Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday

  • Austin area
  • Austin-North
  • Austin-South
  • Round Rock
  • Dallas area
  • Dallas Central
  • Dallas North
  • Irving
  • Flower Mound
  • Frisco
  • Lewisville
  • Denton
  • Garland
  • Plano
  • Allen
  • Houston area
  • Ft. Bend
  • Houston Champions
  • Houston Copperfield
  • Houston Galleria
  • Houston Katy
  • Houston Memorial
  • Houston Cypress
  • The Woodlands
man fishing in lake
Hunting & fishing licenses are available at AAA Texas branches

Enjoy nature, wildlife, and fresh air by purchasing a hunting and fishing license2 at a AAA branch. There’s no need to make an appointment, and Saturday hours are available for your convenience. Save time and visit a branch to learn more about the variety of license types available to you.


Our Texas branches will stop offering hunting and fishing license effective March 21, 2022

What is REAL ID?

The REAL ID Act of 2005 established new standards for state-issued driver’s licenses and identification cards. Starting May 3, 2023, travelers 18 and older need a REAL ID card or other federally approved document such as a valid U.S. passport, passport card, or military ID to board domestic flights or enter military bases and most federal facilities.

A REAL ID is not required to continue driving, but can only be issued by your state's department of motor vehicles (or equivalent).